Intermediate and Senior VCAL
(Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning)
- VCAL is a certified alternative to the VCE
- It provides a different PATHWAY for students in Years 11 & 12
- At the end of Year 12, all VCE students receive a Certificate and a score for university entry
- At the end of Year 11 and Year 12, VCAL students receive a similar Certificate
- VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education) has a primary pathway to get an ATAR for a University or TAFE course. Students can also undertake a VET (Vocational Education and Training) course and also a SBA (School Based Apprenticeship) during their VCE year.
- VCAL has a primary pathway to TAFE courses, Apprenticeships or Traineeships, Further Education Courses and Employment. Students can also undertake a VET (Vocational Education and Training) course and also a SBA (School Based Apprenticeship) during their VCAL year.
- No immediate plans to go to university?
- You should think seriously about your pathway in the next 2 years!
- Ask yourself, “Are you a hands-on learner?”
If you answered “Yes” to this and you are not particularly interested in continuing onto University, then VCAL is probably the best option for you. Check out the program overview.